1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : 90th Birthday - 90 Flowers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

90th Birthday - 90 Flowers

My grandmother, who lives with us, turned 90 this past Wednesday and we had a family celebration last weekend.  Rather than make a birthday card, I decided to make 90 paper flowers to celebrate her 90 years.  Out came my Sizzix Big Shot (my latest tool addiction) and Brenda Pinnick's Sizzix Originals Die - Flower, Beauty Bloom #655455 flower die.    Once I decided on my color palette (inspired by the fun Linnie Bell Collection from Pebbles, Inc.), I searched through my vast (hoarded) collection of papers and got busy.  Each flower has 4 layers, and a wire stem hot glued to the bag to help them stand up in the basket.  A gift card was slipped into a bamboo skewer and inserted in the bouquet.  She was quite pleased with her lasting bouquet!

No comments: