1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : Travel as a Trend - A Winter CHA Observation

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Travel as a Trend - A Winter CHA Observation


Viva la Trend!   Travel continues to be a popular theme in crafting this year and I spotted a definite invasion of Eiffel Towers at CHA this week - They were EVERYWHERE.  In displays, on rubber stamps, scrapbook papers, jewelry, and embellishments.  On cards, canvas, layouts, metal charms, and three dimensional art.  Every corner I turned, I spied an Eiffel Tower.   Little did I know when I planned my Designer Showcase display, and my Press Kits for this show, that travel would be popping up so frequently - I was on trend quite by accident!   I have lots more trend observations and photos from the Winter CHA show to share - so stay tuned!

Here’s a peak at a few of them to get your creative muse into the travel themed mood - 

This wire Eiffel Tower even had Eiffel Tower displayed upon it
Hero Arts had Eiffel Towers in abundance 

Feltables embellishments were a part of the trend at The Trend's booth!
Rubber Stamp Concepts was hosting a fun make & take project featuring their EcoArt Board, and yes - an Eiffel Tower stamp! 
        Graphic 45 offered a bold and colorful tropical travel assortment, as well as a great Kraftables assortment complete with - yes, paper with an Eiffel Tower on it
More Eiffel Tower card examples and a Dublin layout that caught my eye

  
Little Yellow Bicycle had a colorful travel themed collection - complete with Eiffel Tower sticker, and yes, a metal tower on display with a vintage suitcase and camera in their display~ 
Lindy's Stamp Gang had their Tower standing proud 
Diamond Tech Crafts Antiquity Mosaics 3rd place winning Press Kit at this year's show even was on the travel theme - these absolutely adorable explorer hats came complete with a map to find the location of the manufacturer's treasure.

My press kit had hand-made mini suitcases attached with my business card inside
Take the time to click on the Designer Craft Blog Connection link to the right on my screen to see what the other talented designer members of this group have to share today!  And visit Julie McGuffee's blog at www.juliemcguffee.blogspot.com to find out how to be eligible for this month's awesome prize drawing! 

No comments: