1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : CHA Summer 2012 - The Product

Thursday, July 26, 2012

CHA Summer 2012 - The Product




I squeaked out a bit of time to make my way down all the isles of the show floor and caught a few pictures of new things I’d love to incorporate into my creative projects so I thought I’d share.   Rubber stamps continue to be popular - especially those coordinating with product lines.  Black and white, colorable images both in papers and embellishments also seem to be gaining popularity.  Embellishments seem to be getting increasingly textured and dimensional (YAY!).  Birds were still appearing frequently.  Bold colors were present, but unless my eyes deceived me I seemed to notice more muted tones in the new lines being offered by various manufacturers.   A wide variety of make & takes at the booths were hugely popular and I wish I'd have had the time to try out a few of them (that little fuzzy owl at FloraCraft - adorable!)

Expo International always has a booth full of textural eye-candy - fibers, trims, fringes, feathers, appliqués, beads - it’s a feast for a texture-junkie like myself.  Some of their newest products include these dainty crochet trims and textured mixed-media flowers.   They also have organza bursting with color and shimmer - and even a new camouflage organza for that outdoor princess awaiting her tutu!
 

















Prima always as a mind boggling assortment of intricate flowers, but what caught my attention immediately was their new collection of more “masculine” embellishments in their new Craftsman line (as a mother of 2 boys, I’m always looking for something new for my projects).    I loved this layout on display as it combines so many fabulous elements - intricate details, depth, dimension, subtle colors, and a perfect combination of floral and “mechanical” components.  It’s an A+ “boys”
layout in my opinion.  Prima had lots of other new products on display, including these fun architectural elements - more dimensional goodness for my creative muse to dream about.


As a clay artist, I’m always intrigued when I find new types of clay to experiment with.  Spending some time in the Art Clay World booth I discovered enough new options to keep me busy for months.  Glass clays, metal clays, resin clays, and molds - amazingly detailed, intricate Paula Radke Art Glass Clay molds that I absolutely have to add to my collection. (I’ve already experimented with Makin’s Clay and the molds work beautifully!)

We R Memory Keepers has a booth that is always what I consider a “toolapalooza!”  This summer’s booth was no exception - they are adding a new smaller version of the Super 8 punch to their line up of nifty crafting tools.   6 Styles are available.

HandBEHG Felts had a wall full of colorful felt balls - and the most adorable simple little felt critters in the entire building.  Just too cute!



The Rhinestone Genie makes adding bling to your projects simpler than ever with templates and a magnetic system for aligning your rhinestones before mounting.

Graphic 45, as always, had fantastic displays and great detailed papers.  And, they had a fun vintage photo op for attendees!  Ann Butler and I shared a good laugh while posing for ours.


Lots of lovely patterned papers were competing for the attendees’ attention, including the clever booth for Farm House Paper Company,  and their cute line of papers (love some of the unique patterns!)











I think Plaid offers as many creative products for crafters of all types as there are lines in a full yard of plaid fabric! I was almost drooling over their new jewelry items (those ring blanks are heading to my studio for sure!)  Here is a peek at a few of their new products....













And that is a summary of what I was able to capture - I hope you find something to inspire your creativity among the many new products being offered by all the manufacturers at the show.   

I also shared a peek at the CHA Hot 20 Innovations products in my most recent Simple Solutions article for WCK.  

Until next time.... remember to "Dare to be Different!" 
 - Cindi

No comments: