1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : Back to School Crafting - Designer Crafts Blog Connection Blog Hop

Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to School Crafting - Designer Crafts Blog Connection Blog Hop





Summer is passing by at what seems like lightening speed this year.  It's August 1st and time for another Designer Craft Blog Connection Blog Hop! This month's theme is crafting with back to school items.  I've been trying to get caught up from a whirlwind trip to Chicago for CHA in the midst of summer vacation plans with my family.  This super simple project is something I originally created for When Creativity Knocks as part of my Simple Solutions series, but thought I'd share it here for those who missed it.   It's a fun way to say hello to a new teacher or wish a friend who is a teacher good luck in the new school year.

Be sure to click the Designer Craft Blog Connection logo in the column on the right to see what the other creative designers have whipped up for you.   

The card was created with the Nikki Sivils Henry's Brilliance 6x6 pad and red cardstock.   Creating the faux wax seal was super simple.   Melt a broken crayon in a melting pot, pour onto patterned paper.  Ink a stamp with Versamark ink, then impress into hot wax.  Let cool and carefully lift.


Until next time, happy crafting and remember to "Dare to be Different!  - Cindi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's clever!! I used to have the wax sticks and metal seals as a girl ... I loved writing ... I want to try the wax crayon and stamp technique!! TFS, I feel inspired!

Dawnll said...

This is so creative sweetie! Love the fun colors.
Hope your catching up and got some time to relax on vacation.

Subriagirl said...

Haven't done this in years! Now I want to make seals.....thanks for the inspiration Cindi!

Candice Windham said...

Great project and a great tip!

Anonymous said...

The wax saal is the perfect touch. Any teacher would be delighted to get this.

www.mel-designs.typepad.com