1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : CHA Survivor!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

CHA Survivor!

I think there may be a new reality show in there somewhere...... CHA Survivor!  Between the perils of getting to LA, the crazy schedule of the show, and the storm of 2011 creating havoc on almost anyone who had to fly homes schedule, it certainly was an adventure!   As most of you know, I normally browse the showroom floor taking tons of photos to share with you here.  However, due to a back-to-back schedule this time, my floor browsing was limited.  I have some fun photos to share (although I can't believe I didn't get a photo of myself and my long-time friend and fellow designer Becky Conley!), but I want to refer to you to the blog of my friend and fellow designer Theresa Cifali - http://theresacifali.blogspot.com/ - for a plethora of CHA photos to give you a great view of what the week was like!  Thanks Theresa for covering it so wonderfully for those of us who missed out on some of it this time!   Also check out my Facebook page and the When Creativity Knocks Facebook page for lots more fun photos in the weeks to come.

The When Creativity Knocks team of Ana Araujo, Megan Araujo, Scott Pfeiffer, Theresa Cifali, Laura Bray and myself had a wonderful time working with Craftwell and Elmer's taping shows and hosting make & takes.  We created Circus Pops and fun bracelets at Craftwell, and did a whole series of interactive cards/games for the troops at Elmer's.  Vanna White and her daughter Giovanni even took the time from their schedule at Lion Brand Yarn to come and talk with us and make cards for the troops - imagine the surprise of the serviceman who receives a card signed by Vanna!  WCK also did a series of Great Crafter's Viewpoint interviews which are viewable on the http://www.whencreativityknocks.com/ site. 

I worked extensively at the Makin's Clay booth hosting make and takes.  We made fun rings which all seemed to enjoy.  It was also an honor to see so much of my artwork displayed at the Makin's booth.  The Craft Studio was amazing - what fun to see what fellow designers created with the base materials provided by CHA.  I am also hopeful that the piece I donated for the charity auction brought a good donation for the chosen charity.


The Designer Showcase was well attended despite being about 10 miles away from the show room floor inside the conference center.  I think everyone there was hoping a Segway would drop out of the sky to get us here and there all week!  It was a pleasure to be included amongst so many wonderfully diversely talented designers and I enjoyed meeting and talking with everyone who stopped by. 

Stay tuned for a report on the CHA Canadian Scrapbooker event, CHA photos, and more fun from the showroom floor.......

No comments: