1 Cindi Bisson McGee - Behind These Eyes : Holiday Shopping List - The Stylish Way

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Shopping List - The Stylish Way

The countdown to the holidays is on - and for many people the real mad rush of shopping kicks in this week as we approach the infamous "Black Friday" day after Thanksgiving.    This year, I decided that instead of bringing a piece of notebook paper with my holiday shopping list - I'd create a small, purse sized notebook that I could keep my list in, tuck receipts or coupons into, etc.  I can even use it from one year to the next until it's filled.   When I whip out this list, I'm hoping this festive little book will make me stop and reflect on the true joy of giving - or at least remind me that soon enough I'll be back in my studio busily creating, which is much less stressful than shopping to me personally, when the holidays are over!  


Materials:

Darice 3" x 4" notebook 
Theresa Collins Noel Collection patterned papers and chipboard embellishments 
Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur® & Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® Poinsettia set
Red cardstock
JudiKins Diamond Glaze
Clearsnap ColorBox Archival Dye Cat's Eye inkpad - Red Devil
The Robin's Nest "Champagne" Dew Drops embellishments
ScraPerfect The Best Glue Ever
1/2" Gold Organza ribbon
Westcott Craft Titanium Bonded Non-Stick Scissors

Instructions: 

Following manufacturer instructions, cut and emboss poinsettia using Grand Calibur® & Spellbinders™ Shapeabilities® Poinsettia set.   Apply thin coat of JudiKins Diamond Glaze to each layer of petals before assembling flower. 

Determine how you'd like to layer the papers for cover and back of book.  The assortment of designs in the Theresa Collins Noel Collection all coordinate well so the hardest part is deciding which ones you want to use from the great assortment... Ink edges of all pieces with Clearsnap Red Devil inkpad.   Mount with Best Glue Ever.  Let dry.

Dovetail cut one end of gold organza ribbon, mount to bottom front of book, approximatley 1/2" from bottom edge, with dovetail extending slightly off edge.  Wrap around to back of book and mount.  

Mount chipboard "GIFTS" embellishment over gold ribbon.






Arrange poinsettia in bottom left front corner of book.  Mount, extending off book, and remove outer petals. 

Use JudiKins Diamond Glaze to mount gold Dew Drops embellishments as center of poinsettia, and layer over "GIFTS" chipboard embellishment.  Let dry.

Happy shopping and may you all take a moment to reflect on the joy of giving this season! - Cindi

No comments: